One of the pillars of becoming successful in anything is learning how to establish credibility.
Yet the problem I see frequently on social media is most are doing the opposite.
“There’s a lot of money in porn”.
When I tell people I work online, sometimes I get this response. I’m sure there’s a lot of money in pornography but most people won’t get near it for obvious reasons: you have zero credibility going down that path. No duh.
It just takes a few key things to be respected and credible online (and in the world)…
1. Care about your customers and prospects. You can start with a radical concept: Actually return their emails and answer them (Hint: That’s called customer service…maybe you’ve heard of it).
2. Make it easy and obvious for people to contact you. Seems simple, but again, I run across a lot of social profiles and blogs where there is no way to get a hold of them. This is a massive fail and if you think you’re going to legitimately pull in the big bucks while ignoring people you’re high. Yeah…there are exceptions (see above) but they are fleeting and it won’t last…see next point.
3. Promote real shit. Whatever you promote, you first better have experience with the product (or better yet, actually use it) and it better be quality. Don’t be the guy or gal who’s jumping around pushing junk, scammy investment deals and whatnot. Common sense folks.
4. Be consistent: I’ve covered this before (and will again): Be out there consistently in your message and your vision. This also builds your branding. If you’re here one day and nowhere to be seen the next, people will think you’re flaky…and you are. And I don’t want to hear the ‘I only see ‘mega-dude-guru’ promoting and brand building once in awhile and he’s huge blah blah. Well, he/she is either a multi-millionaire and has moved on to other stuff (I know a few) and doesn’t need what we’re doing or they’re not really that successful. Doesn’t matter either way now does it? This is about you and it’s too competitive to not be out there day in and day out. It’s stunning to me how many people don’t. You’re not going to establish much credibility in your business if you don’t employ this basic tactic.
5. Give back: You want to be credible? Show you care. Give back to charity. Help others. Pay it forward. Some might say you can be credible without this but that’s BS. That just shows you’re selfish and don’t care. It’s also called Karma.
The above is not hard. If you think it is…then you have a trust fund. Otherwise, just be a nice person and try to drop the ego once in awhile. The world will be better for it…and you’ll sleep more soundly…